HAMPSHIRE & THE ISLANDS HISTORIC CHURCHES TRUST
helping to maintain the historic churches in Hampshire and the Isle of Wight
RIDE AND STRIDE 2020
Clearly with the Covid-19 emergency this year, we have to consider how we can organise the Ride and Stride event to ensure the safety of those taking part and those hosting visitors to the churches.
There may be some restrictions concerning entry to churches and toilet and refreshment facilities available at the churches compared to previous years.
Those taking part will need to follow social distancing with others and within their own group which may be in force at the time of the event.
CYCLISTS, WALKERS AND STROLLERS
- Saturday 12th September 2020 is the date for this year’s Ride and Stride event
- Go as a family, singly or get a group together.
- Walk, cycle, drive, ride, run or stroll to as many churches anywhere in Hampshire and the Isle of Wight as you wish.
- Half the sum you raise can go to the church which you nominate, for whatever improvement or use which they decide.
- Walkers - visit the four churches in the Sombornes and Ashley – maybe go over to Braishfield, Stockbridge, Houghton, Broughton or Timsbury.
- Cyclists – Do the above by bike. You can arrange a circuit for most of the churches in the Romsey area, it can be over 50 miles.
- Strollers - Drive to Winchester, there are many churches in close walking distance of each other.
- Postcodes and addresses are provided for all participating churches. It is Florence Nightingale’s 200th anniversary this year and I will be hoping to cycle to Wellow church and Romsey Abbey as part of my route.
For details, contact Phil Carr 01794 388656, e-mail email@example.com