Email:
Password:
Not a registered user?
Click here to register

Why should I register?
Click here to find out!

Parish Church

A note from the Treasurer






A Note from the Church Treasurer                                   5th July 2020


 


First of all I do hope that everyone is keeping as safe and well as possible.  Certainly we have been required to live our lives differently both socially and financially.


 


As with many other organisations our income has been greatly reduced during this time.  With our Church being closed we have suffered a loss of weekly collections through our services (including collections from Mothering Sunday, Easter services and Pentecost), voluntary visitor donations together with some of our fundraising activities, eg the Easter cake sale and summer fair, having been cancelled. Our Parish magazine has also seen reduced advertising.  During this period it has only been produced as a monthly online magazine.


 


As a Parish we are committed to continuing to pay our full contribution to the Diocesan Common Mission Fund.  This is the pot of money from which all the diocesan clergy are paid: 80% of the CMF income is needed for this purpose. The other 20% supports our C of E schools in the diocese, diocesan projects, diocesan administration, and our contribution to the National Church. Contrary to general belief, the Diocese does not receive a large grant from the National Church.


 


Even though our doors have been closed we still have weekly running costs for our Church of £760.  Currently the money received to cover these running costs comes in from our fund-raising activities and voluntary donations from gift aid donations and the income tax recoverable from HMRC, either direct into our bank account or by gift aid envelope/weekly cash offerings at our Church services.


 


Please could we encourage you to consider making your offering direct by bank transfer, particularly if you would normally give via the collection plate or by gift aid envelope? Our bank details are: Parish Church of Somborne with Ashley, Sort Code: 09-01-53, Account: 46004284.


 


Alternatively cheques can be sent to The Church Treasurer, The Old Stable, Coombe Farm, Coombe Lane, Awbridge, Romsey, Hampshire, SO51 0HN, or dropped through the Church vestry door during the current opening times or passed to the Vicar, Rev Richard Burningham, or our Churchwardens Mrs Janet Ingleson and Lady Joan Appleyard.


 


It may be some time before ‘Church as we know it’ resumes in full as in former times in our buildings, but if alongside personal worship, prayer and service to others we can maintain our giving to God ‘the Church’ will keep alive and well.


 


Keep safe.


 


Claire Bevan (Church Treasurer)




Home Diary Directory Parish Council Photos Church Forum Our Village