Message sent by
Claudia Pattison (Police, PCSO, Test Valley District)
Yesterday 06/06/2017, at approximately 19:30, there was an attempted non-dwelling burglary in Eldon Road, King’s Somborne. The homeowner disturbed the two suspects, who made off empty-handed on a motorcycle. If you remember seeing or hearing anything suspicious, please call 101 and quote 44170214415.
Crime prevention advice:
- Place all tools and garden equipment in locked sheds and garages.
- Secure more expensive items, e.g. mowers, bikes to an anchor point within the shed or garage.
- Mark all items with postcode and record serial numbers. e.g. UV pens or forensic marking kits. Register the details for free on www.immobilise.com
- Take photographs of items such as statues and garden furniture if they are unusual, for easy identification at a later date.
- Fit a shed alarm.
- Keep the structure in good repair.
- Consider covering windows with curtains to obscure the view of the contents.
- Consider external lighting.
- Ensure the garden fences are in good repair between neighbours to prevent unlawful access.
- Ensure side gates are locked to prevent access to the rear of the property.